Friday, June 23, 2023

Relative Pronoun Exercise 1

Fill in the blanks with suitable Relative Pronouns :

1.      We always like the men ...............speak the truth.

2.      This is the bicycle ................I got repaired yesterday.

3.      This is the pickpocket ................stole my purse.

4.      It is only the crane .................drinks milk.

5.      I have lost the watch ................you gifted me.

6.      They never fail ..............strive for a great cause.

7.      I sent the letter to the officer ................I saw in the cabin.

8.      He reads the book ................he likes best.

9.      The answer ............... she gave was wrong.

10.   He is the man ...................purse was picked.

11.   The monkeys............were on the tree screeched loudly.

12.   Take anything ................you like.

13.   God helps those ................help themselves.

14.   I saw a dog .................chased a cat.

15.   There is lying the table ................one leg is broken.

16.   I have not seen the man ................hit this child.

17.   You get .................you deserve.

18.   The boy ......................you saw here is my brother.

19.   That is the bangle ..............I gifted her on her birthday.

20.   I like to read the books ..............I have read before.

21.   This is the kind lady ................fed me this morning.

22.   I am going to the village of Sagri ..............is my granny's place.

23.   I have not seen the animal ...............you call unicorn.

24.   She has not met the boy ...............she is going to marry.

25.   He easily solved the question .....................everybody found very tough.

26.   She was the student ..............the principal admired.

27.   He ..............is contented is happy.

28.   We met the soldiers .......................fought in the Kargil war.

29.   That is the house ........................Mohan bought.

30.   The pen .................you gave me is very beautiful.

31.   The pretty lady ...............was standing at the door was my aunt.

32.   The contention ..............you claim is right is in fact wrong.

33.   I know the woman ....................child won a medal.

34.   Is there anyone here ................can score a goal now?

35.   This is the information ...............you can trust.

36.   I saw a baby .................was playing with a doll.

37.   This is the parrot ................can copy any man.

38.   ......................works not earns not.

39.   .................has lost all hope has also lost all fear.

40.   .......................I have written is right.

 

Ans : 1. who, 2. which, 3. who, 4. that, 5. which, 6. who, 7. whom, 8. which, 9. which, 10. who, 11. which, 12. that, 13. who, 14. which, 15. whose, 16. who, 17. what, 18. whom, 19. which, 20. which, 21. who, 22. which, 23. that, 24. whom, 25. which, 26. whom, 27. who, 28. who, 29. which, 30. which, 31. who, 32. that, 33. whose, 34. who, 35. which, 36. who, 37. which/that, 38. who, 39. who, 40. what.

No comments:

Post a Comment