Monday, April 15, 2019

An Incomplete Autobiography

Here is my new story. It is humour. Just read and enjoy.
Hello, Readers! I may be small and my life may be short, yet I am very interesting and my life is still more interesting. I am beautiful, smart and agile. I can fly and I can sing while flying. By now, you must have recognised me. I am Machu the mosquito, and I write my adventurous life story because you will be very interested to know about it. And this Machu is not my original name, my parents called me Smarty, because I am smart. Machu was given by a small child when I hummed a sweet melody near his ears and he said, "Machu! Machu!" Ever since everybody has been calling me Machu, but I don’t mind. I like this name too.
I have learnt to live among humans, actually I like them too because I like to feed on their blood, it is much like blood donation for humans because they like to do it. I make a lot of sacrifices for them. I allow them to live in clean places while I reside in dark and damp corners, useless tyres and other dirty places. I am so popular with them that they often light a fragrant coil to welcome me, just like they do to worship God, but they don’t know that I don’t like its smell, so I don’t like to enter a place where a coil is emitting its smoke.
Today is the time of science. Many more discoveries and inventions are taking place. Some people have shifted from these coils to electric devices like All-Out. It has become so popular that you can see it in almost all houses. But these humans seem to be stupid, they don’t know that I least like its smell too and I don’t like to enter a place where this device is on.
Though I am averse to such things which they think attract me, they continue to find ways to welcome me. These days, whenever they spot me, they pick up a badminton racquet and want me to play with them. As I said, humans are foolish, they never realize that I cannot play with such a large racquet, after all I am so tiny, but they seem to be little bothered, they run after me sporting it in their hands. And when I don’t come near me, they use firecrackers to attract me with its bright flashes. But I am not stupid like them, I just go away.
I am so kind, I don’t want to break anybody's heart, so I have decided to play with the master of the house this evening. I will say him hello and play a game at badminton, I am not sure if he has a racquet of my size. I have to go and meet the master, so I am putting down my pen and will write my experiences of the game with him tomorrow. Until then good night!
Postscript (Added by the Master's Son) : Unfortunately, Machu could not distinguish between a badminton racquet and a mosquito-killer bat. As soon as my father saw him, he ran after him with his bat and in one hit, he burst with a bright flash and cracking sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment